Excitement. Anxiety. Panic. That is what I am feeling right now.
I leave Thursday morning to go to Chicago for a blogging convention. Yes, I am completely serious, a BLOGGING CONVENTION! Oh, and did I mention that this is a convention almost completely dedicated to female bloggers? Yeah, nothing intimidating about a gathering of 1,200 + females… females who write on the Internet and take lots of pictures.
Since I am always so on top of my game, I sent my traveling companion and fellow procrastinator, Sarah, a list of what I do and do not know/have prepared for the BlogHer 2009 Conference.
I do know/have:
- What luggage I’ll be taking/sharing.
- What cocktail dresses I’ll most likely be packing.
- My tickets (airline and BlogHer) are printed.
- Who’s bringing what medication.
What I don’t know:
- Transportation to the airport.
- Transportation from the airport.
- How to get to the hotel from the airport.
- What lectures I’ll attend.
- Whether or not food comes with the conference.
- What to take notes in/on.
- What to wear.
- What shoes to pack.
- What jewelry to pack.
- How much the hotel is going to cost.
- If I have enough money… at all.
- Which parties I’ll attend.
- If I’ll have any free time to study.
- If I’ll have any free time to sight see.
- Where the best place to pick up a cheap flask is.
While I know the clock is ticking and I need to figure these things out, I don’t have the mental capacity to freak out over each and every one of them. I’m sure that as long as I over pack, everything else will just kind of work itself out.